Friday, April 24, 2009

A Word to the Wise

Got some feedback yesterday from a coworker to the effect that I am "too spontaneous," risking (or perhaps actually) being indiscreet. In the guise of asking my advice about how to deal with someone else, she gave me what my mother would call "a word to the wise". Ouchy, but unarguably accurate.

The rest of that expression is, "... should suffice" but I'm not sure it's anything I can change: I've been trying to zipper my lip for 50 years now, without more than sporadic success. If it wasn't my Dad, it was my second grade teacher who first told me essentially the same thing: "You talk too much!" Except that Mrs. Jones tactfully called me "enthusiastic".

Then, in practically the same breath, my coworker asked me to participate in an interesting ongoing project of hers.

All in all, a weird conversation.

Simply,

No comments: