Monday, May 24, 2010

I laughed until I cried

"Big Guns" SusanImage by ttstam via Flickr
Sometimes I really worry about Mr. Simply's stability.

Totally seriously, he asks at dinner tonight if I think it would be ok for him to inquire of our insurance agent whether we might be covered in case a burglar breaks in while we're here. Well sure, I say, we're covered, thinking of course that he's referring to replacement value for anything that might get stolen.

However, this is not what he is asking. What if they damage the house? he asks. Well sure, I say, thinking he means what if they trash the place? But no. What Mr. Simply wants to know, it develops, is whether, should he shoot a burglar, would the insurance company pay for the cleanup? And if it turns into OK Corral, Part Deux, will they pay for damages to the neighbors' houses? If no, he wants to get a rider.

The reason he wants to know if I think it's ok to ask this question is that he worries that our agent (who we've been with since 1984) might think he's crazy and cancel our policy just on general principle.

And he can't figure out why I just laughed until I cried.
Simply,
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog...I love it. I will be back so I can read more.
mo

Wendy Burnett said...

Ohhhh, I LOVE this - I also laughed until I cried. I can just picture your face when you figured out what he really wanted to know, just before you burst out laughing. Priceless . . .